The modern world is all about websites. Almost all businesses have websites and ones that do not are missing out on various benefits. When it comes to websites, there are many different websites to explore such as:
- eCommerce Web Design
- CMS Web Design
- Brochure Web Design
- Bespoke Web Design
- Static Web Design
- Corporate Web Design
And more. We hear of eCommerce being dropped all over the digital world and many people see it as the future of retail. But What is eCommerce website and how does it work?
what is an eCommerce website?
An eCommerce website, by definition, is a website that allows you to buy and sell goods, digital products, or services online. Ecommerce websites give your target audience the ability to buy products and services directly from your business. This saves you a lot of expenses and gives your audience convenience. With a well-designed and developed eCommerce website, your customers can purchase your goods/services from practically anywhere, and at any time.
There are a lot of eCommerce websites selling a variety of items now. From clothing pieces to food items to gardening materials, one must be creative to make his or her brand more unique than the other. Virtually every online shopping website – big or small – follows this structure. Any site where you can obtain items for sale over the internet is considered an eCommerce website.
Different types of ecommerce websites
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies. Example: A business sells SAS products to other businesses.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and consumers. Example: You buy a new t-shirt from an online store.
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between consumers, mostly through a third party. Example: You sell your old smartphone on eBay to another consumer.
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services where individuals offer products or services to companies. Example: A Social media influencer offers exposure to their online audience in exchange for a fee.
An eCommerce Website is Ideal for you if:
- You sell a wide range of products. Having an eCommerce website is an effective way of showcasing far more products than a typical shop, making it the most efficient way for you to sell.
- You wish to sell to a wider audience. If you’re only selling from a local shop, you’re only reaching a small percentage of the market (those within traveling distance of your shop). Even if you have multiple locations, compared to the reach of an eCommerce website its practically nothing. Having an eCommerce website allows you to sell your products worldwide gaining customers from all over the world, increasing your sales.
- You already have a non-eCommerce website that gets a lot of traffic. If you already have a website that doesn’t allow people to buy your products, you’re definitely missing out on a lot of sales. In our time and age, with internet technology being highly popular, many internet users now expect the option to purchase online. Therefore, if your website doesn’t offer this, you’ll lose your customers to a website that does. The obvious solution is to upgrade your website with eCommerce functionality – not only will you be improving user experience, your website already has some history with the search engines allowing it to rank much higher than a brand new website would.
Benefits of an eCommerce Website
Having an eCommerce website will give you the opportunity to reach out and sell your products and services to customers based around the world, regardless of the distance and time zone. Whether you’re just starting out or an existing seller, you can reach someone online that you couldn’t before.
lower set up and running cost than an offline business
Nowadays customers are appreciating the convenience of online shopping more. Instead of wasting hours searching in physical shops, people are now making purchases online during breaks at work, before the school run, and in harsh weather conditions. During all the difficult times to visit a shop on the high street the presence of the online market has made it easier for everyone. Despite that, once your eCommerce website has been initially set up, you should not have to invest too much time into running it because the whole process for customers ordering and making payments will all be activated through the online system, giving you more time to decide what special offers you want to launch or any new products you want to sell, making everything much easier.
The cost of actually setting up an e-commerce website is lower than that of offline businesses. The whole sales system for your business is automated online. Allowing you to save on staff, wages and other business costs, which are usually an expense such as electricity, rent and heating costs. The money that you have saved can then be used to develop your e-commerce website and product range further. eCommerce websites will also help you expand your product offering faster than is normally possible within an offline business situation.
When you’re first starting out, eCommerce allows you to avoid many of the large, upfront investments – like a physical storefront, inventory, or payroll. With an online store, you can sequentially build out your business as your sales grow.
THE BUSINESS CAN BE OPERATED FROM ANYWHERE
Another benefit you gain from having an eCommerce website is that your business is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, increasing your sales compared to a regular physical store. Therefore, you are not restricting your potential customers, as they have the ability to view your website at any time of day. This means as a business, you are maximizing your sales and profits.
Shoppers don’t just research products online. They also complete purchases online too. eCommerce makes even it easier for shoppers to hit that buy button, no matter where they are. Sell where your customers are. If most of your customers shop online, then you should be selling online! eCommerce allows you to meet the shopping expectations of your customers.
Having an eCommerce website is highly crucial for all shops. A well-designed eCommerce website is one of the most effective marketing tools you have at your disposal. If you can relate to a few of these points it might be time to invest in an eCommerce Website. At i20 Website Design Agency we have designed a variety of eCommerce websites for all industries, whether you own a small or large business we can help.
what is causing my customers to click off my site?The main purpose and need for building a website is to generate web traffic. Once the traffic is generated, the next thing is ensuring that the visitors stay on the website, browse through it and eventually make a...
What features are there? A website reflects the personality of the company in the virtual world. Your website helps to promote and sell your products and services. Having an up-to-date website with features that benefit ur company will help convert ur visitors into...
branding, identity & logo design A logo is not your brand, nor is it your identity. Logo design, identity design, and branding all have different roles, that together, form a perceived image for a business or product. Branding is the process of creating a strong,...
Does my website need work? Unfortunately with the world of website design and development evolving so quickly and also your customers and clients online habits changing, your website isn’t something that can stand still. If you have not updated your website within the...
HOw Often should I get my website redesigned? Have You Ever Wondered How Often Should Your Business Website be Redesigned? Unfortunately, most businesses get a website designed and then forget about it. They only go back to it once in a while to do updates and minor...
Why has no one viewed my website? If your website is brand new, congratulations! First, understand that traffic takes time, but there are things you can be doing to help drive people to your new site. This post will provide you with the help you need Your website...